Automatic ordering process for cnc online quotes
DFM by a dedicated engineer on your dashboard
Compare multi quotes under one roof
Parts get shipped directly from CNC shops to customer's door for added transparency and saving time
Cost saving quotes directly from online machining service to help you for cheap cnc machining service
Quality guaranteed parts and payment protection
Fast CNC machining service
"Accurate delivery times and fast service. I have been very satisfied with the parts that I have purchased.", Tony Lazaro
"Excellent service and fast turnaround at a competitive price. Items were delivered to our office in New Zealand within 1 month of placing the order and all parts were within design tolerances", Corben Taylor
"Great platform for CNC Machining. I ordered some parts to be CNC Machined in Alumnium 6082 for a prototype build I am working on. Drawing was finished Tusday 05. January and sent to my regular machining shops nearby. This time I also uploaded a STEP file of the design to partZpro to test their system after finding them on internet. On the 06. January I received a quote for shipping and manufacturing I was surprised over the easy process on their website, and ordered the parts to test it out. A few days later I sent address update to sales to add some information to transport. Unbelievable - On morning Monday 11. January DHL was on my doorstep delivering the parts. Shipping had the updated information. We are talking about less than 4 working days. Delivered from other side of world, and that is before my nearby shops even has responded with their quote and lead time.Part delivered was perfectly fit, better than specified tolerance, and had a great surface finish. I will definitely look into this service then I need parts next time.", Rune Kvame - On morning Monday 11. January DHL was on my Doorstop delivering the parts. Shipping had the updated Information. We are talking about less than 4 working days. Delivered from other side of World, and that is before my nearby shops even has responded with their quoute and lead time.Part delivered was perfectly fit, better than specified tolerance, and had a great surface finish.I will definitely look into this service then I need parts next time.", Rune Kvam
"I recently had used partzpro for a prototype to be made from a 3d file into aluminum. And I'm super happy I did. Cost was a fraction of its competitors and turn around was about a month. During holidays. Parts were very accurate and Now my prototype is 1 site closer to being finalized. Will most Definately use again", Matt Faxon
"Response time is incredibly fast. I am impressed and adds to their credibility. Will do business with again ASAP.", Mark Scallan
"Great job on products that I have ordered.", ASG Astrology
"Great service, pricing and speed.", Paul Murtagh
"Parts are always made to your design specifications. Reasonable prices and fast turn around.", Dennis Tang
"A very prompt quotation and efficient processing of our order.CNC machining was executed exactly as requested.Delivery was pretty fast. Even faster than quoted.", Andre Dussault
We offer unparalleled online CNC parts and precision in producing metal CNC services, aluminum CNC service, custom alumninum CNC service, and plastic CNC service on prototyped machined parts with quick turnarounds using our 1000 CNC macinins to cover your machining online needs.
Get your quotes via our online manufacturing platform and start benefiting from our order machined parts online platform.
We offer a wide array of CNC machining online for
Our CNC fabrication service includes but not limited to:
CNC lathes or turning centers:
CNC Plasma Cutters:
CNC laser cutters:
CNC electric discharge machines (EDM):
CNC drilling machines:
For prototype machined parts, one off CNC machining, and production runs with fast CNC machining services, partZpro is your go-to supplier for quality and speed. Get your CNC rapid prototyping projects off the ground— get an instant CNC machining quote now.
What is CNC machining?
CNC Machining is a manufacturing process where pre-programmed computer software dictates the movement of factory tools and machinery. It's used for a wide range of complex processes, such as drilling, grinding, milling, and turning.
Why is CNC machining important in manufacturing?
CNC machining is crucial for its precision, repeatability, and efficiency in producing parts. It's ideal for creating complex, three-dimensional shapes that would be almost impossible to achieve with manual machining.
What materials can be used in CNC machining?
Common materials include:Metals: Aluminum, stainless steel, brass, copper
Plastics: Nylon, polycarbonate, PTFEComposites: Carbon fiber, fiberglass
How to design parts for CNC machining?
When designing for CNC machining, consider:Simplicity: Keep designs as simple as possible.Tolerances: Understand the machining tolerances and design accordingly.Tool Access: Ensure tools can easily access all parts of the design.Material Selection: Choose materials based on the part's function and machining capabilities.
What are standard tolerances in CNC machining?
Standard tolerances vary but typically range from ±0.005" (±0.127mm) to ±0.001" (±0.025mm) depending on the material and size of the part.
Can complex shapes be machined?
Yes, CNC machining can produce complex shapes. However, the more complex the design, the more time and resources are required, potentially increasing costs.
What is the importance of surface finishing in CNC machining?
Surface finishing can improve the appearance, surface smoothness, corrosion resistance, and other properties of the machined part.
How does CNC machining compare to 3D printing?
CNC machining is a subtractive process, removing material to create parts, while 3D printing is additive, building parts layer by layer. CNC machining is generally faster for producing metal parts and is superior in terms of strength and finish.
Can I use CAD software for CNC machining design?
Yes, CAD (Computer-Aided Design) software is essential for designing parts for CNC machining. It helps in creating precise 3D models, which can then be translated into instructions for the CNC machine.
What is the role of AI in CNC machining?
AI and machine learning can optimize machining processes, predict maintenance needs, and improve quality control, leading to increased efficiency and reduced costs.How Do I Choose a CNC Machining Service?When choosing a CNC machining service, consider their expertise, machinery capabilities, quality control processes, turnaround time, and cost.Can Small Quantities Be Produced Economically?Yes, CNC machining is suitable for small quantity production, especially for complex parts where mold or tooling costs for other manufacturing methods would be prohibitive.
What is the STEP file format in CNC machining?
STEP (Standard for the Exchange of Product model data) is an ISO standard exchange format used for representing 3D objects. It encodes detailed 3D data and is widely supported across different CAD software. STEP files are advantageous in CNC machining for several reasons:
Compatibility: STEP files are universally compatible with almost all CAD/CAM software.
Detail: They retain all the geometric and dimensional data of a part, essential for precision machining.
Flexibility: They can be easily edited, making them ideal for iterative design processes.
STEP vs STL format: What's the difference?
While both STEP and STL are file formats used in 3D modeling, they have distinct characteristics:
STEP Files:Type: Represents 3D objects using NURBS and B-Spline geometry.Usage: Ideal for precise manufacturing processes like CNC machining.
Advantages: Retains more detailed, editable data about the geometry.
Application: Used in industries where precise measurements and editable file features are critical, like aerospace and automotive.
STL Files:Type: Represents 3D objects using a series of triangular facets.
Usage: Commonly used in 3D printing.
Advantages: Simple format, easy to generate but less detailed.Application: Typically used for rapid prototyping and 3D printing where high precision is not as critical.
IntroductionCNC machines are the backbone of modern manufacturing, known for their precision, efficiency, and versatility. The effectiveness of a CNC machine lies in the synergy of its various parts, each playing a pivotal role in its operation. This guide delves deep into the world of CNC machine parts, offering insights into their functions and significance in the machining process.
1. Control Panel: Command Central of CNC MachinesThe control panel of a CNC machine is where operators interact with the machine. It's the hub for inputting data and programming commands that drive the machine's operations. Featuring a display screen and a keypad, and often a joystick, the control panel is integral for precise control and programming of CNC tasks.
2. Bed: The Structural FoundationThe bed is the sturdy base of a CNC machine. Made from robust materials like cast iron, it provides stability and support for the entire machine. This foundation is crucial as it holds other CNC machine parts in place, ensuring precision during operations.
3. Spindle: Core of Cutting OperationsThe spindle is a key part of the CNC machine, holding and rotating the cutting tools. Its power, speed, and accuracy are vital for the machine's cutting capabilities, directly impacting the quality of the machining work.
4. Chuck and Collet: Essential for Tool and Workpiece SecurityThe chuck and collet are parts of the spindle system crucial for securing the cutting tool or workpiece. The chuck, used in lathes, and the collet, more common in milling machines, ensure stability and precision during high-speed machining operations.
5. Tool Turret: Enhancing Machining EfficiencyIn CNC lathes, the tool turret is a rotating holder for multiple cutting tools. It facilitates quick tool changes, significantly enhancing the machine's operational efficiency and reducing downtime during complex machining tasks.
6. Axes: The Framework for MovementThe axes (X, Y, Z, and sometimes A, B, C) are central to a CNC machine's functionality. They represent the directions in which the machine head or workpiece can move, and understanding these axes is essential for programming precise machining operations.
7. Table: The Interface Between Tool and WorkpieceIn milling machines, the table is where the workpiece is secured. It moves along predetermined axes, allowing the cutting tool to access various parts of the workpiece. The table's precise movements are critical for achieving the desired machining accuracy.
8. Coolant Supply: Managing Heat and DebrisThe coolant supply system is a vital part of CNC machines, delivering coolant to the cutting area. It plays a crucial role in reducing heat and removing metal shavings, preserving the integrity of both the tool and the workpiece.
9. Motors and Drives: The Power Behind PrecisionMotors and drives are crucial CNC machine parts that control the movements of the machine's components. They enable the precision movement and control that are hallmarks of CNC machining, influencing everything from axis movement to spindle rotation.
10. Linear Guides and Ball Screws: Precision in MotionLinear guides and ball screws are essential for achieving precise movements in CNC machines. They ensure controlled and accurate motions along the machine's axes, fundamental for high-quality machining.
ConclusionThe parts of a CNC machine work in concert to achieve the high level of precision and efficiency that CNC machining is known for. From the control panel to the linear guides and ball screws, each component plays a vital role in the machine’s overall performance. Understanding these CNC machine parts is crucial for operators, engineers, and anyone involved in the CNC machining process, as it aids in effective operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance, ensuring the machine's longevity and optimal performance.