When products are made, it is good to have sample products that will portray the designed product. It is necessary to ensure that there are samples that closely represent the product design. Finishing service means putting the final and appropriate touches to a product. It makes the product appear neater and more presentable than how it looks after it has just been manufactured.
Finishing service requires that the outer surface of the products is cleaned, coated, electroplated, or painted in a manner that makes it more appealing to the eye. When developing products, it is necessary to make testable samples that can be presented. When going for meetings or for a display to potential buyers, these products have to be of top-notch quality and clean finishing. So that those who want to get it can have a feel of what they are buying.
Product finishing services can be in the form of metal finishing, industrial finishing, quality finishing. It is essential to know the type of finish that is suitable for your product as this will ensure that you have the right and proper finishing.
There are various processes when it comes to finishing services. These processes will be discussed in detail below and how best they suit the service or product you want.
1. Anodize: this is an electrolytic passivation process used to increase the thickness of the natural oxide layer on the surface of metal parts. In simpler terms, anodize as a finishing process is an electrochemical process that converts the metal surface into a decorative, durable, corrosion-resistant, anodic oxide finish. An anodizing helps to create a nice finishing for metals such that they are durable and beautiful when done with. Anodizing is mostly used in metal finishing and aluminum finishing. It covers the defects of the aluminum surface and makes it long-lasting.
2. Engraving: frequently, finishing can involve carving and engraving one’s name, product name, or brand name on the surface of the product. Laser engraving consists of a process that burns patterns, texts, or images on the surface of the product. Engraving ensures that the name, image, or design that is carved into the surface does not clean off. There is laser engraving and laser marking. Laser engraving, which is a subset of laser marking, is the practice of using lasers to engrave an object. Laser marking, on the other hand, is a broader category of methods to leave marks on an object, which also includes color change due to chemical/molecular alteration, charring, foaming, melting, ablation, and more.
3. Polishing: is the process of creating a smooth and shiny surface by rubbing it or using a chemical action, leaving the surface with a significant spectacular reflection. Polishing gives a smooth finish by getting rid of rough surfaces and ensuring that the surface is smooth and beautiful to touch.
4. Electroplating: this is a process that uses an electric current to reduce dissolved metal cations so that they form a thin coherent metal coating on an electrode. Also, Modern electroplating is a form of metal finishing used in various industries, including aerospace, automotive, military, medical, RF microwave, space, electronics, and battery manufacturing. Electroplating helps to increase the strength, thermal resistance and chemical resistance of the product. With electroplating, you can be sure that the finishing surface will last for a long time and would not be easily deformed. There are various types of electroplating process and they are:
5. Hydrographic Printing: this is also known as water printing transfer. It involves submerging the product below water for a few moments and allowing the water prints to be transferred to the surface of the product. Hydrographic printing is trendy these days because it provides a high level of design complexity. It also takes away the stress of doing handmade design finishing for a product.
6. Paint Coating: this is of three types: matte paint, leather paint, or high gloss paint. Painting ensures that products have more texture and depth. With painting as a finishing process, one is guaranteed to have products that have more substantial texture and won’t be easily exposed to weathering effects. Painting helps to ensure that a product retains its qualities and keeps it from the actions of weathering agents that can cause rust. Although painting is a typical finish process, it needs to be continuously done as the paint wears off over the years.
7. Silk Screen Printing: is also named screen printing; this requires that the text (or pattern) is formed by allowing ink onto the product through an industrial mesh. Silkscreen pattern or text can be used for the hollow finish, unlike standard painting finish, it does not fade quickly and has strong durability.
Advantages of Finishing
There are many advantages of finishing, and they include but are not limited to, the following:
1. It makes your products last longer.
2. It increases the market value of your product. A product with an excellent finish is better than a product without one.
3. Finishing ensures that the cost of maintenance is low. Most times, when companies have to spend a lot of maintenance, it could be that the finishing of their product is not good enough.
Advantages of Finishing Services
1. High-quality service is guaranteed.
2. Most finishing service experts are highly experienced; hence, they know what is best for your brand and product.
3. Low cost and short production cycle.